- idyllic location right inside Dartmoor National Park
- 3 converted, granite barns (sleep 2- 4, 5 & 6)
- perfect place to relax and unwind
- 3 miles from Tavistock (delightful, ancient stannary town)
- a few minutes walk up a no through lane to reach open moor
- fantastic views
- log burners in all properties
- children and pets welcome
- very reasonably priced
- shortbreaks available (except in school holidays)
- owners live on site in 600 year old farmhouse & are nearly always available if you have any questions
- get a glimpse of the owners’ self sufficient lifestyle: rare breed sheep, goats, ponies and hens; vegetable garden; log fired central heating boiler and methane gas collector
- local pub (The Peter Tavy Inn) serves really good food & is dog friendly
The Shippen (sleeps 2-4)
Spacious, open plan interior with a galleried bedroom which has a double bed, sofa, chairs and TV. Downstairs there is a sitting room (can be arranged as a second bedroom), bathroom and large kitchen/dining room with access to an enclosed & secluded patio which has a table and chairs.
The Barn (sleeps 6)
Stunning views from a large, open plan, living area upstairs with room for up to 15 people to eat together (ideal for large parties also renting the other two properties). Downstairs there are 3 bedrooms (double bed, twin beds and substantial bunk beds); bathroom (basin, bath with shower above & toilet) and utility (second toilet, basin, washing machine & tumble dryer). Outside access to both floors. Adjacent garden area with picnic table.
The Hemphouse (sleeps 5 + 3)
The Hemphouse (sleeps 5 +3 more with futon and fold up bed) is the newest conversion which gets its name from the hemp insulation which makes it easy to keep warm. Downstairs is an open plan living area with a door to a single bedroom with ensuite wet room (shower, toilet and basin) beyond which is a washing machine and tumble dryer. Upstairs there are two bedrooms (one with a king size bed and the other with twin beds), a bathroom (bath, basin and toilet) and a large landing with armchair, double futon and space for a fold up single bed. Outside is a grassed, cobbled yard with garden chairs.