Discover the extraordinary experience of Dartmoor and its surrounding countryside, with so much to see and do. Enjoy a great holiday at anytime of the year, whatever your interests there is something for you.
We have a wonderful selection of quality graded Bed and Breakfast and Self Catering establishments where a warm welcome is assured, just waiting for you to come and experience real home from home hospitality in this stunning part of the country.
Visit this wonderful region to discover more about our local heritage, wildlife and legends.
Endless activities await including walking, fishing, cycling, watersports, letterboxing, geocaching golf and horse riding. There are places to visit within easy reach. You can effortlessly relax and ease into the many delights of the area and create a holiday full of happy memories.
Home from Home
Whether you want the personal attention, excellent facilities and delicious home cooking offered by a quality B&B or the independence and personal space of a well equipped self-catering property with all modern conveniences, your time is your own here in a comfortable, well-equipped home from home.
Whatever you want from your short break or longer Devon holiday we have it here for you. Enjoy fresh air, fine views, real home cooking and that special sense of well-being that only a stay in the country can bring. Enjoy your holiday.
All our properties are tucked away in the serene tranquillity of rural West Devon, offering the perfect opportunity to relax in the fresh air and lose yourself in the calm of the rural countryside.
Alternatively, a range of interesting places to visit and exciting things to do are always within easy reach. The north and south coasts, sandy beaches, wild cliffs, jagged rocks and pretty coastal villages are equally accessible.
Dartmoor National Park
Dartmoor National Park hosts thousands of ancient monuments and archaeological sites, including burial chambers, stone circles and menhirs. Dartmoor National Park is the largest and highest upland in southern Britain, which hosts a considerable variety of habitats and is of international importance for its blanket bogs, upland heaths and upland oak woods.
Discover the rich diversity of Dartmoor’s wildlife including:
- Blanket bogs on the high north moor where dunlin and golden plover nest.
- Heath land ablaze with ling, bell heather and crossed leaved heath at Haytor.
- Stunning hay meadows near Postbridge.
- Small heath and fritillary butterflies on the moorland fringes near Belstone.
- Traditional farmland girded with dry stone walls and hedgerows rich with wildflowers around Widecombe in the Moor.
- Ancient oak woodland at Dunsford, on the sheltered sides of a valley.
- Carpets of bluebells in the spring near Kennick Reservoir.
- Marsh Orchids in valley mires at Drizzlecombe.